What is live streaming
There are many live streaming technologies and services worldwide. These options range from individuals broadcasting, real time videos over social networks, to large content distribution networks such as Netflix, DSTV, Hulu etc. The solution required for the film, commercial and events industries in Finland must prioritise quality of service, image fidelity & low latency.
1. Establishing a reliable and secure platform for broadcasting and viewing real-time content.
2. Creating a standard for reliable remote communications to be used between set and contributors
3. Hardware easily adapted and scaled to meet production demand
4. Trained streaming technicians to be available on set
5. Weather-proof, fully contained, battery operated
6. Establish documentation and knowledge-base for the best possible client experience
Suggested Remote Production Outline:
- Stream a live High-Definition picture from set to remote contributors using a high speed ‘bonded’ cellular connection (Client, Agency, Directors, Producers, HODs, Editorial etc)
- Establish an additional BTS (behind the scenes) camera view from set to provide context for remote directors or contributors using a separate high speed internet connection.
- Provide a communication platform for efficient and controlled communication from on-set technicians to remote contributors. (text or video chat, conference calls, etc)